Salient Features for High Speed Motor Design – Part 1
Number of Poles
Increase number of poles
- Better utilization of magnet
- Shorter copper overhang length will reduce copper loss
- Increased fundamental frequency and switching frequency, increased core loss
- Complex and costly motor control
- Epoxy in MQ1TM magnet will lead to higher magnet resistivity and lower eddy current loss
- The use of fully dense sintered NdFeB magnet leads to lower resistivity and higher eddy current loss.
- Need of magnet segmentation which increase the cost due to complex assembly
- Sintered neo ring is relatively more expensive than MQ1TM .