Information Collection and Use
- If/when you subscribe to any Magnequench email list and/or update service or request product or other information from Magnequench, you will be required to provide certain PII, including but not limited your name, company name, email address and country of origin.
- We also automatically receive and record non-PII (i.e. information that does not identify you personally) on the Magnequench Websites’ server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes.
- Magnequench is considered the data controller of the above-referenced information.
- Magnequench may use the information it collects for the following general purposes:
- to protect you and/or Magnequench from error, fraud and unauthorized access and use,
- to improve the Magnequench Websites,
- to conduct research, and/or
- to keep you updated in regard to news and other developments concerning Magnequench.
Information Sharing and Disclosure by Magnequench
- We will not sell, trade, rent or otherwise disclose to third parties any PII obtained via the Magnequench Websites except:
- when we have your consent to share this information;
- to share the information with companies who work on behalf of Magnequench to provide a product or service to you, such as the email list and sample request services. (Please know that whenever we share your PII with Magnequench’s trusted business partners, they work under confidentiality agreements. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the PII we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- we reasonably believe it is necessary to share PII:
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potentially illegal activity or activity that threatens the network,
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or
- for risk management purposes;
- when we are required to disclose PII by reasons of a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the customer or others, or
- to establish or exercise Magnequench’s legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- when you subscribe to one or more Magnequench email and/or other subscription-based services, as your email address may be transmitted to the other countries for processing and storage by Magnequench and its affiliates and may be subject to the legal jurisdiction of those countries.
- When you access the Internet, the computers that host websites you visit (“web servers“) automatically receive anonymous information. This “usage data” may include a record of which pages a web browser has visited. The Magnequench Website Â servers receive usage data when customers visit the Magnequench Websites and when Users visit other sites as well. Magnequench and/or its business partners may use various kinds of software devices to collect information about Internet use.
- Small files called “cookies” may be attached to your Web browser and your computer.
- Magnequench will not link the information stored in Magnequench’s cookies to any PII you may submit while on the Magnequench Websites and will not use information about your activities on the Internet together with any information that identifies you without your consent.
- You may be able to configure your browser to accept or block all or some cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different – Check your browser “Help” menu to learn how to change cookie preferences. Note though that disabling cookies may mean we won’t be able provide certain products or services which may be of use to you.
- We also use “web beacons” to access Magnequench’s cookies inside and outside the Magnequench Websites and in connection with services offered on the Magnequench Websites.
- In addition, we may use small bits of code called “pixel tags” (a tiny image inserted in a webpage and used to record the number and types of views for that page) embedded in some web pages, to make cookies more effective. Â We will not associate the information these software devices collect with your e-mail address or any other PII.
Links & Third Party Applications
- We may provide, and the Magnequench Websites may contain, links to other websites. Although we strive to only link to websites that share Magnequench’s high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or practices employed by other sites.
Updating PII & Contacting Us
- You can update your PII (such as your email address or address) or contact a Magnequench privacy officer through the respective Contact Us sections of the Magnequench Websites.
How to Unsubscribe
- You have the right to unsubscribe to Magnequench email list / update service(s) at any time. Each and every email sent to you in connection with the Magnequench email list / update service(s) service provides the opportunity to unsubscribe and provides instructions as to how to do so.
Confidentiality and Security
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your PII and we use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard PII in Magnequench’s possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
- We limit access to PII about you to employees who, as part of their job, we believe need to come into contact with that information to provide the Online Services to you.
- We have taken preventative measures to restrict access to sensitive data and to detect and prohibit certain connections and operations by unauthorized users.
- Despite Magnequench’s high standards, no claim is made as to the impenetrability of the system under unusual circumstances or its resilience to future attacks. In the event that you believe that your personal safety is at risk or if you believe that you may be the victim of identity theft or other illegal conduct, please contact the appropriate federal, provincial or local law enforcement agencies directly.