All positions are based in our Technology Center located in Singapore. If you are interested in the above position, please send your CV to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the position that you are applying as subject title. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Research Scientist – Sintered Permanent Magnet
Job description and responsibilities
- Lead, plan and execute R&D projects on NdFeB sintered magnets
- Develop new materials, processes and products with minimal supervision
- Provide tech support for sintered magnet mass production at Narva, Estonia
- Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams involving engineering and R&D at manufacturing locations and regional sales managers
- Demonstrate competence in the use of all relevant test, analytical and processing equipment.
- Provide technical supervision to associate scientists.
- Document all phases of assigned projects; write complete reports.
- Assist in preparing patent applications/publications/meeting presentations/knowledge notes.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe workplace
- Conduct other work as required in Materials and Magnetics Laboratories.
- Ph.D. degree (preferred) or master’s degree in Materials Science and Engineering or Physics, with thesis in permanent magnetic materials (preferred in NdFeB sintered magnet and GBD)
- 0-5 years of post-graduate research experience, preferably in permanent magnets related fields
- Knowledge of NdFeB permanent magnets and their processing-microstructure-property relationship
- Hands-on experimental skills in NdFeB permanent magnets synthesis especially in sintering and GBD
- Ability to analyze and work through technical and/or scientific problems.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, team player.